Sunday, July 14, 2013

Another Freebie (!!!) and a Few Quick Thoughts

So yesterday was a looong day for Ryan and I.  We spent the entire day riding roller coasters at King's Dominion courtesy of his company!

I, however, have this problem where I can't stop thinking about school and teaching- no matter where I am!  I found myself thinking about getting back to school and decorating, what product I am going to make next, and what my kids next year will be like.  I get excited about planning the first few weeks back, my teacher binder (what sections I should include and how it will look), desk arrangements, room layout.... It is an obsession!  Maybe I should change my blog name to "Miss McDonald's Obsession"....... Anyway,  today's post will be short.  I am sharing with you Literature Circle Role Cards that I have used the past 2 years with my 5th graders.  They are the perfect balance of Miss McDonald and Kiddos.  They are enough of a reminder of what being on task looks like, while allowing them to be in charge of their learning and group work.  My students LOVE them!  They especially like that they can use dry erase/wet erase to write on the back!!  (ooh... aah...)  I made them so that you can have up to 6 different groups with 5 students in each group.  Each group set is color coded and has 1 of each role: Clever Connector, Wacky Word Wizard, Super Story Teller, Super Story Illustrator, and Discussion Director. 

What do you do to help your kids stay on task while allowing them the freedom to be in charge of their own learning?

I hope you have a great Sunday!

~Miss McDonald :)

No comments:

Post a Comment