Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday Made It (partial) and a Freebie!

I'd like to start off by apologizing for not posting in over a week... but, I can promise you I have something you're really going to like! :) 

Ryan and I spent a week in Williamsburg, and I made a vow to myself that I would not spend time posting on my blog during our vacation.  Because he works so much, it is really important that when I have him away from work, I seize that time and make the most of it!  We went to Colonial Williamsburg for 2 days, and we did Busch Gardens 1 day.. We had SO much fun!  He took me out for 2 "fancy" and romantic dinners... I felt like a queen! :) 

Here is a picture of my honey and I dining in 1770's style.. :) 


And in front of the fire place after our wine pairing dinner at the resort!


Then came the time to come home.. and here we are.. back to the daily grind.   Except for one thing.. I started a week-long camp this week called Camp Invention.  It is basically a full day of modules where students are challenged to problem solve, be inventors, scientists, and more!  I forgot how exhausting it is to teach a full day... PHEW!  We must build stamina during the school year, because I don't remember every day feeling this exhausting!  



Next comes my Monday Made It!!   I am linking up with Fourth Grade Frolics again... 


You may remember my last post (Fabulous Find Friday) where I raved about this broken frame I found at Target.



So far, I have spray painted it.  I am in the process of finding a colorful bow/ribbon that I can use to spruce it up, but I think I will wait until my school year starts to add that so I can be sure it works well with my color theme. 

I used Krylon Colormaster Semi-Gloss paint (shown below)


 and sprayed in layers.  I did a total of 5 layers, about 15/20 minutes between each layer to make sure it dried smooth.. Here is the final project! 


I am thinking I will use it for a Weekly Inspirational Quote instead of an Objectives board. .  it is way too small to clearly write the objectives for our day for all to see.. That will have to be another day's project!  :)

The last thing I am going to talk your ear off about is the Freebie I promised if I reached 10 followers on Bloglovin'.... Well I am thrilled to say I have reached 15!  I created "Brain Break" Cards for you to print, laminate, and randomly draw during the school days when you are noticing your kids are getting a little antsy.  I have used things like this in the past during our 2 hour LA Block in particular, but they could be used at any point during the day!   Visit my Teachers Pay Teachers store and download your free copy of these cute and colorful Brain Break cards!  If there is something you'd like to be added to them that isn't there, leave a comment and I will add it and re-upload a newer version!! 

As always, thanks so much for reading!  I am so excited to have been able to chat at you again.. :) 

Happy Monday,
~Miss McDonald :)

7 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to go to Colonial Williamsburg! it looks like you had a great time. I am curious to see how you use your frame. I bought a similar sized one at IKEA the other day because it was cheap and matched my color scheme, but I'm not sure how I will incorporate it in my classroom.
    The Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! I can't wait to hear how you end up using it in your classroom next year! I have a kitty named Oliver too, except we call him Ollie for short!
    Laura ~ First Grade Spies

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Williamsburg pictures! I can't wait to see how you end up using the frame. It would be perfect with a great quote in it. :)

    Wendy
    Read With Me ABC

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have talked about taking 5th graders on a field trip to Williamsburg. It's a long trip from Florida! I think a quote would look great in the frame! :)
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your 15 followers! How long did it take? I just started mine! http://teachertalkwithmrst.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, there!! It took about 3 weeks to get up to 15 followers.. Slow and steady... welcome to the blog world... it will start to eat up all of your freetime! But I'm guessing since you joined, you already knew that... :) Thanks for stopping by!

      ~Miss McDonald

      Delete
  6. It's been years since I've been to Colonial Williamsburg...I will be co-teaching in the fourth grade classroom this year, so I look forward to following your blog!
    ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete