Thursday, July 11, 2013

Today's Task: Partner Matching Cards Freebie!

So today was quite an adventure packed day!  I woke up before the sun for a "Sunrise Boot Camp" where I proceeded to have my butt kicked by an extremely ripped and in-shape instructor!  (She is pretty awesome and motivating, though...)  Anyway, then I was off to Academic Intervention a.k.a Summer School for HCPSS, where I have the opportunity to work closely with two students in our Special Education program.  I absolutely adore them!  It is so wonderful for me to watch them be included in the General Education setting.  It is amazing what these learners can achieve when we give them the space to spread their wings!!!   As Paula Kluth would put it, "BURN THE CHAIR!!!".  This link will take you to an amazing blog about the 7 Tenets for Presuming Competence- a blog about HCPSS adopting Paula Kluth's way of thinking about students with Special Needs within our classrooms.  Click HERE! (but only after you read the rest of this.. freebie to follow...)

After school, I went to hang with some awesome teacher friends, where we ate pizza, chatted about too many random topics- including the silly things our students say such as, "I am going to marry the most beautiful woman in the world- Katy Perry" and exciting (?) stories about the kiddos coming into our grade this year.

After I got home, I hopped around reading some other fantastic teacher blogs, and decided I am going to give you all a Freebie to take with you today!  But only if you promise to come back again.. :)  I am calling these "No Tears Partner Cards" because I think they will make the process of assigning pairs for partner work easy, fun, silly, and painless!  All you have to do is print, laminate, and cut the cards out- voila! you have a tool you can keep for years to come to help you fairly assign partners. Click this link to my Teachers Pay Teachers store to download them!  Please leave me a comment or rating (or both!!) letting me know what you think! 

What do YOU do in your classroom to make sure you are assigning pairs fairly and differently each time? 

The crazy "chair burning teacher",
Miss McDonald   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment