Thursday, December 12, 2013

Christmas Questionaire!

HAPPY FRIDAY EVE!!!!  6 days until Winter Break!! WE CAN DO THIS!! :)  

As you may have noticed, I always aim to use this blog to share my teaching experiences, but this is a linky party I cannot resist.  For anyone who knows me, to say I love Christmas is an understatement.  I start listening to Christmas music as SOON as Thanksgiving is over.  I also start decorating our house on Black Friday.  I love the feeling of a house warmly lit with twinkly lights and candles. It's delightful!! :)  Tonight I'm linking up with Fabulous in First (for the first time ever.. woohoo!) to share with you some of my Christmas must- haves and traditions.  :)   Enjoy!


http://fabulousinfirst.blogspot.com/

Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog?  

Hmm.. Hot Chocolate! Lake Champlain brand with Whipped Cream and Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk!


Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree?

Santa always wraps.  We all even got our "own" wrapping paper style! :)

Colored Light or white?

WHITE! ALWAYS.  I love the warm twinkly glow. Plus, I think the neutral goes with more.. This is a long standing debate between my sister and I. She loves colored twinkly lights. :) 

When do you Decorate?

BLACK FRIDAY!!!

Real or Fake tree?

REAL! Born and raised.  It's tradition to venture out as a family and pick the "very best one"! And it smells so fresh! :)  Here is ours this year :) 


What tops your tree?

A bright red sparkly star. I LOVE IT.

Favorite Christmas memories or traditions?

Every year on Christmas eve we all (Mom, Dad, Morgan, and I) would curl up on the couch and put on The Polar Express book on tape and follow along as the narrator read aloud.  It is the most amazing story to be read aloud!  It still gives me goosebumps.. to this day! :) 

Favorite gift as a child?

 Hmm.. probably my American Girl doll, Felicity.

Gift giving or receiving?

Both!! I love to make others happy, but I don't mind being surprised and excited myself.

Favorite Christmas Song?

"When Love Came Down" by Point of Grace.  Reminds me of car rides to Grandma and Pop-pop's house singing it at the top of our lungs!  Looking back on it, my poor dad!!

Candy Canes?

I could take 'em or leave 'em.   Honest!

Favorite Christmas Movie?

Hmm.. A Christmas Story. This was the staple background noise for Christmas Days at my Grandma and Pop-pops house.. such memories.

Shop online or in stores?

Both!    Some of the things my loved ones wanted this year could only be purchased online! ;) hint..hint..

Photo cards, letters, or store bought cards?

None yet.. I won't do Christmas cards until Ryan puts a ring on it! Haha.. When it's our turn, def. a photo card.  I think it documents time  really nicely. :) 


I hope you enjoyed reading about my Christmas must-haves and traditions.. and I hope you and your loved ones have a joyous Christmas/Holiday season.  We as teachers have so much we can be thankful for! :)

~Miss McDonald

1 comment:

  1. Memories....my girl, you brought tears to my eyes! love you! xoxo Mom (I'm listening to Point of Grace right now!)

    ReplyDelete