Monday, December 9, 2013

Monday Made It! (Mini..)

Well, hello!  I hope this post finds you cozy and warm in your home if you live in any area like ours... We had 4 inches of snow yesterday, a surprise snow day today, and possibly another storm hitting here tomorrow!  Good thing I got up off of my bum and got grocery shopping and Christmas shopping out of the way.. I'm being greedy and hoping we will be lucky enough to have at least a 2 hour delay tomorrow.. but I'm seriously doubting that...

While out Christmas shopping, I bought materials to make Thank You Christmas cards this year...  I am always so thankful for the thought and time put into gifts I receive from my students and their families.. 

My first year I used a "Thank You" template, but I didn't feel that was personal enough.. So, last year I made my own handmade (hand-stickered and stamped) cards and mailed them to each child (and family).  I felt like that showed my appreciation more, and I had many families and students thank me for their "special" card... So, I am doing it again this year! 

I am linking up with 4th Grade Frolics (for the first time since summer.. YAY!!!)  and sharing my pre-card materials with you. They are Monday Almost Made-Its... but I was feeling a post, and thought that would be close enough. :)

http://4thgradefrolics.blogspot.com/


Here are the stickers I bought...


 And the blank cards...


I can't wait to use my festive Thank You stamps and stamp-pads,  and create these babies!  I will share a few finished versions next week with you.. :)

I hope you have a wonderful week!  9 school days until break!! We can do this!!

~Miss McDonald :)

2 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful way to thank your students. I bet they are going to love getting your cards in the mail!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative. Anything handmade is much more appreciated! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete