Friday, June 27, 2014

Five for Friday!

Today, I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her Five for Friday Linky party!  This is the first time I have tried this... enjoy!!

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com/



For the past 4 days, I was in Kennett Square, PA attending a Responsive Classroom workshop.  I learned SO much about what it is, and that it is SO much more than behavior management!  When implemented, it is an integral part of the day.. even down to Teacher Language!  RC's main goal is to create students who are independent, self-aware, and self-monitoring.. without being paid to do so.  It's goal for the classroom is to create a joyful, caring, and positive community where students feel responsible for ensuring the environment stays positive, safe, and learning-filled. Having been at a school that used a PBIS system, I see huge differences and downfalls with PBIS in terms of creating independent learners who can self-monitor.  RC does not condone using rewards for students doing what they are supposed to do.. which is how I've felt for quite awhile!  I'm really excited to start it this year in my classroom.  For more information, visit their website: http://www.responsiveclassroom.org/


What experience do you have with RC? I'd love to hear about it in the comments below!



  

I just started reading We Were Liars by E. Lockhart.  I am hoping it will be my next great read!





Ryan and I leave for the beach this Monday.. I am so excited to spend a few days just relaxing with my love!  We always have so much fun together.. Even when we're doing nothing! I'd say that's a sign of what's to come in our life! :)





Moving!  It hit me today that this will be our last month in Maryland before we take the big leap and relocate to California... When I really let it sink in, I feel anxious, excited, sad, nervous, happy, curious, etc!  It's a rush of emotions.. So much unknown.. but my motto for the past few months has been... YOLO






This is what I've been watching today.. nothing like a throw back to being 12 year old! ;)  Leo and Kate have some SERIOUS chemistry! 



What have you been up to?  I'd love to hear from you!  I am hoping to post a Responsive Classroom inspired freebie as soon as I reach 40 followers... Can you help? Have a great Friday!!!

~Miss McDonald :)


No comments:

Post a Comment